Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Laptop


Hi my name is Jono and I am technophobic.

A misleading term perhaps, because I do not fear technology, nor do I loath it. Quite the contrary I love how much better and easier it can make life.

And yet,despite all this, I am frequently guilty of gross procrastination when it comes to the acquisition of computers. Lina has been hounding me for months, if not years to replace our decrepid and virus infested dinosaur Acer computer that we bought all those years ago. She (the computer, not Lina) was a trusty and anxious-to-please device in her day, but 4 years old in tech years is a good innings so we had to have her liquidated.

This example of procrastination in my life has been one of the easiest to reason in my head. My noble, lonely stand against Bill Gates and the like who turn the want into a need. I never needed a computer with the 2 Duo processor P8700 (2.53GHz). Had no desire for the 4GB memory. And as for the disk drive with a 320GB capacity and Blue tooth capability. Overrated. Afterall, they sent men to the moon using computers that make the Commodore 64 look like 'Deep Thought' .

Until now.

I've sold out, I admit, and have become the victim of shameless technology marketing. 'They' made me do it.
I write this post from the salubrious and infinitely stylish keyboard of our recent purchase. A Sony Vaio laptop computer (with the above specs incidently). And as is a usual for a procrastinator like myself, my feelings include many things but most noteably...........why the f*&k did'nt I do that before!!






1 comment:

  1. Inspector Gadget loves it !

    Next mission for you is an IPOD touch -> i love this device and its my best travel companion on worktrips !

    A perfect way to keep up to date on all the TV and radio news in New Zealand.

    Recommended :-)

    ReplyDelete