Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Whanau are Running


Pencil 28th of June in people.

Lina and are will be running in the Standard & Chartered KL Marathon 2009. Fortunately we will be taking the less gruelling options of 10km and 1/2 marathon respectively. It was a pleasant surprise when Lina arrived home yesterday asking whether I thought it would be possible for her to run the 10km on 4 weeks training. Of course she can! She has been keeping fit at the gym and is well rested after the sleep deprivation during our Vietnam trip.
I have been running seriously for the past 4 months now and am running further then I ever thought these flat feet would take me. Not content with taking on KL, we are planning racing in Singapore and Cambodia later in the year, mixed with a few local races.
I will keep you posted on the progress of our training regimes as the big day beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment