Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Zealand Vs Australian Humour

Having experienced a lifetime of generally good natured and sometimes not so good natured banter between Aus and NZ, I thought I had heard it all until watching Flight of the Conchords Season 2 on DVD recently.

The 'Unnatural Love' episode was a landmark development in trans tasman wisecracks and had the best line since New Zealand Prime Minister Rob Muldoon in the 1980's, when asked about the immigration of New Zealanders's to Australia, replied that the IQ of both countries was raised as a result.

Best line - Jermaine and Bret in discussions to establish whether the woman Jermaine had slept with the previous night was in fact Australian - She had an accent like ours (NZ)...only more evil.

Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoF_fa9TMDk

2 comments:

  1. I just used this line in a meeting today, when I met an Australian. It went down really bad...but I was cracking myself up on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinkibg about rejoining MANZA so that I can use it often

    ReplyDelete