Friday, May 14, 2010

Latest News

My blogging has been virtually non-existent this last month or so. Perhaps this is due to our house moving upon our return from NZ and being too busy with cocktails and cool lagers poolside at the new pad. I do not like to crow but this place is fantastic. My intention was to post dozens of photos to illustrate this but Lina suggests that this would create a security breach hence your imagination is required. Its very open plan with large doors opening out the front to a beautiful pool. Its the tropical oasis we have been dreaming about since we arrived in Malaysia and after 2 years in a condo with no deck, we have been appreciating it.

The other major happening in the Snell-Soto lives is Isaac’s change of kindergarten. He now attends Little Mandarin House in Bangsar. As the name suggests Mandarin is the lingua franca. It’s only been a week and our little fella is toughing it out, not the happiest leaving his mates at My Montessori. We have promised a trip to China so that he can tell the taxi drivers where we want to go, as a reward! He really has been thrown in the deep end as far as languages go of late: Lina is speaking Spanish, our helper, Gee communicates in Tagalog, and I am ensuring he will be proficient in Niew Ziilund!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back on line. I wondered what had happened... Are you still doing the boxing match? Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, unfortunately the boxing did not go ahead but I learnt some valuable pugilist skills that my come in handy, you never know!. I have been enjoying reading of your surfing adventures which invariably makes me a tad homesick for those angry shores. Hope all is well and love to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. Was looking up Little Mandarin House and came across your blog. I am looking for a playschool for my son who is 25 months old. Would you recommend this school? If not, any suggestion for one in Bangsar area? Thank you in advance.

    Brgds, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jono, are you happy with Little Mandarin House? I am considering to send my 5 yr old there to prepare him for attending a Chinese primary school. Would really appreciate your feedback. Please email me at sharonkylee@yahoo.com. Many thanks! Regards, Sharon

    ReplyDelete